DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
Main water valve in CLOSED position.
Shut down water supply and drain system.
Water heater circuit breaker (#2B CLS/ #8
CL) and water pump circuit breaker (#9/11
CLS) set to the OFF position.
Repair Damaged PVC Pipe
1. Ensure that water pump (CLS only) and water heater circuit breakers are set to the OFF position.
2. Ensure water supply is disconnected, and water pressure has been relieved from the system.
3. Ensure that all valves in line with the damaged section of pipe are closed.
4. Determine the size and length of damaged pipe (1) to be removed.
5. Using a hacksaw remove the damaged portion (1).
6. Clean and dry the two opposing ends of the remaining pipe (2).
7. Measure the distance between the opposing pipe ends (2) and cut a new piece (allow space for the
couplings) to the proper length and wipe the ends to remove debris.
8. Apply PVC primer, then cement, to both ends of the cut pipe.
9. Slide the appropriate size coupling (3) to one half its length over each of the opposing pipe ends.
10. Apply PVC primer, then cement, to both ends of the new pipe.