3. Remove the cover (3) and spring assemblies (4) of both check valves and open the inlet shut-off
valve (2) to allow sufficient flow of water through the assembly to clear all sand and debris from the
Use caution when handling parts to avoid damaging any guiding
surfaces. Do not force parts together. Damage to equipment may
4. Rinse all parts with clean water before reassembly.
5. Carefully inspect seals and seating surfaces for debris or damage.
6. If the check valve seat disc (5) has been severely cut at the seat ring diameter, replace the backflow
prevention device in accordance with the REPLACE procedures.
7. Reinstall device parts.
8. Test unit after servicing to ensure proper operation.
(Parts Removed for Clarity)