CONTAINERIZED KITCHEN (WITH TRAILER)
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
Do not move loads onto the wing until the wing jacks are installed.
12. Adjust each wing jack by screwing its base completely in. Align a set of holes in the jack with
the bracket on the wing. Insert the locking pin through the bracket and jack. Screw the base
down until it is firmly in contact with the ground.
13. Crank counter-clockwise approximately half a turn or until the weight of the wing is supported
by the jacks.
14. If the CK is mounted on a trailer, install the stair/ladders and handrails at the serving wing
doors. Ensure the steps rest firmly on the ground.
15. Repeat steps 2 through 13 for the food preparation wing (use the left winch drive slot). It is not
necessary to climb onto the roof to unhook the orange safety strap on this wing. The strap can
be reached by climbing on the fold-down steps on the end of the container.
16. Return the winch handle to its storage location on the side of the rifle rack. Strap it in place
with its handle end up.
Fabric Erection Serving Wing
The bags containing the shelter arch frame components weigh
approximately 130 lbs (59 kg) each. Three persons must carry the bags,
lifting with legs, not back, to prevent injury.
1. Open the serving wing entrance door nearest the personnel door. Enter the serving wing,
locate and retrieve the two arch frame bags.
2. Figure 5 and Table 1 below identify the frame components and the quantity of each. Unzip the
bags as necessary to locate the bag containing the two curved spacers.
Figure 5. Shelter Frame Components.