11-6 REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE-Continued
(3) Explosive handlers' coveralls.
1. This section prescribes the cleaning, Inspection, and repairs authorized to be
performed on the explosive handlers' clothing.
2. Cleaning and repair will be performed by personnel skilled in the particular
trade applicable to their duties in the maintenance of subject items. Finished
items will be complete, satisfactorily repaired, and free of all defects affecting
serviceability and appearance.
(b) Explosive handlers' coveralls.
1. Cleaning. After each use, the coveralls should be laundered In a mild soap and
water solution. The coveralls SHOULD NOT BE STARCHED because the stiffen-
mng effect of the clothing could cause static electricity to be generated while
the clothing Is being worn.
2. Inspection. Inspect the coveralls for loose or missing buttons, ripped or weak-
ened seams, and torn fabric.
3. Repair. Darn and patch the fabric, using the procedures described In subpara-
graph d(1)(d)3. Replace damaged or missing buttons by sewing new ones on the
garment with the button sewing machine.