5. Adjust fit if necessary by removing foot from crampon, pulling up on the adjustment lever (Figure 1,
Item 4), and engaging the appropriate hole in the extension bar. Step back into crampon.
Figure 4. Crampon Adjustment Bar and Straps.
6. Fold in toe cup and heel cup snug to boot.
7. Route strap through slot in toe cup (Figure 3) from bottom to top to hole in heel cup (Figure 1, Item 2),
then across ankle into buckle (Figure 1, Item 5).
8. Route strap front to back through both buckles, then back to front, going only through the buckle with
the quick-release tab (Figure 1, Item 1).
9. Tighten strap as needed.
10. Check that the crampon fits securely by first shaking the assembled boot and crampon, then by kick-
testing them against ice. If the crampon shifts significantly or falls off the boot, readjust it until the fit is
11. Tuck away any extra strapping.
12. Repeat steps 1-11 to don the other crampon.
END OF TASK