2-9.B. M7 BLADE ASSEMBLY-MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS (Cont).
2. Remove spring pin (4), LH lock-release lever (5), and compression helical
spring (6) from bayonet-knife (7).
3. Remove spring pin (8) and RH lock-release lever (2).
1. Inspect lock-release levers (1) for wear and bends.
If positive retention
is questionable, replace the lock-release levers.
2. Inspect compression helical spring (2) for kinks, sets, and breaks. Replace
3. Inspect spring pins (3) for burrs and wear. Replace if worn or damaged.
4. Inspect plate area (4) of blade for looseness. If loose, evacuate to D.S.
5. Inspect guard (5) and link area of blade for looseness. If loose, evacuate
to D.S. Maintenance.