2-11.B. M9 MULTIPURPOSE BAYONET SYSTEM--MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS (Cont).
LATCH ASSEMBLY (Cont)
To avoid injury to your eyes, be careful when removing and
installing spring-loaded parts.
1. Remove spring pin (1), LH lock-release lever (2), and compression helical
spring (3) from latch plate (4).
2. Remove spring pin
(5) and RH lock-release lever (6).
1. Inspect lock-release levers (1) for wear, bending and corrosion. If positive
retention is questionable, replace the lock-release levers.
2. Inspect compression helical spring (2) for kinks, sets, breaks and corrosion.
3. Inspect spring pins (3) for burrs, wear and corrosion.
4. Inspect latch plate (4) for damage and corrosion.
5. For latch plate (5), reestablish finish as follows: