2-11.D. M9 MULTIPURPOSE BAYONET SYSTEM--MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS (Cont).
SCABBARD BODY ASSEMBLY (Cont)
Dry cleaning solvent (A-A-711) is flammable and should not be
used near an open flame or in a smoking area. Use only in
well-ventilated areas. This solvent evaporates quickly and
has a drying effect on the skin. When used without gloves, it
may irritate, inflame or cause cracks in the skin.
Use of dry cleaning solvent is authorized on the scabbard
body assembly only to remove old silicone adhesive.
1. If replacing the stone, chisel away remainder of sharpening stone (2) and
adhesive. Take care not to damage the scabbard body (3).
2. Clean recess (1) for stone (2) with dry cleaning solvent (item 5, app D).
Wear rubber gloves (item 7, app D) and use a wash pan (item 11, app D) and
brush (item 2, app D) to apply dry cleaning solvent.
3. Allow recess (1) to dry before applying silicone adhesive (item 13, app D).
4. Apply silicone adhesive to recess (1) for stone (2).
5. Press replacement sharpening stone (2) in recess (1) and allow to dry.