(4) Fig. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item
is identified/located in sections II and III.
(5) Item Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it
appears in the figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
C-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the des-
cription column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as UOC: . . . . . ... in the
description column (justified left) on the first line applicable item descrip-
tion/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of
the usable on codes used in this publication are:
M6 Bayonet-Knife/w M10 Scabbard
M7 Bayonet-Knife/w M10 Scabbard
M9 Multipurpose. Bayonet System (MPBS)
C-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or sub-
assembly group to which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are
prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are divided
into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group
to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the repair parts list for the figure to find the part
number for the item number noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the part number index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the index of National stock numbers and part numbers, find
the pertinent National stock number or part number. The NSN index is in National
item identification number (NIIN) sequence. (See 4. 1(1).) The part numbers in
the part number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence. (See 4.b.)
Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of
the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item
is the one youre looking for, then locate the item number in the repair parts
list for the figure.
C-7 (C-8 blank)