INTAKE MANIFOLD SEAL REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the discharge manifold, cylinders and
pistons as previously instructed.
2. Tap the back of the intake manifold boss and pull
it forward off the pushrods.
3. Turn the intake manifold cylinder end down and
remove the oil wicks.
4. Tap out the old manifold seal with a bolt or
5. Turn the intake manifold over. Using Seal Insert
Tool, Part 1190-48-05, hammer new seals into
the manifold until they bottom firmly. Apply
Loctite to the seal O.D. before pressing it into the
manifold. Place flanged ring on seal adjacent to
6. Using a paper towel, press out the oil from the old
wicks and replace them in the manifold, aligning
the hole in the wick with the hole `in the new
pushrod seal. Reoil until saturated.
7. Cover each pushrod end with a pushrod inserter
manifold on the pushrods until seated against the
8. Remove the pushrod inserter caps and reassemble
the pistons, cylinders, and discharge manifold. Be
sure to clean ail old Loctite off the threaded end of
the retainer and to use alcohol or a decreasing
solvent to remove any oil film on the retainer
CRANKCASE SEAL REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the discharge manifold, cylinders, pistons,
and intake manifold as previously instructed.
2. Drain oil from crankcase and remove plastic