13. Attach pump mounts and tighten the remaining
14. Tighten all (8) bearing retainer and pump mount
bolts firmly (60-70 inch-pounds torque). Check the
crankshaft for free rotation.
15. Replace the caps on their matching numbered
connecting rods with the stamped number on the
cap adjacent to the number on the connecting rod
a n d tighten the socket head cap screws lightly.
Rotate the crankshaft to make certain each rod is
16. T i g h t e n t h e s o c k e t h e a d c a p s c r e w s f i r m l y ,
10. Check that the O-rings on both crankshaft bearing
checking for free rotation of the crankshaft after
retainers are in place and in good condition.
tightening each set (60-70 inch-pounds torque).
17. Replace crankcase cover, gasket, and bezel and
11. Insert the crankshaft with the attached closed end
fasten securely. Always use a new gasket 1190-40-05.
bearing retainer and tighten the top two bolts
18. Replace intake manifold, pistons, cylinders, and
discharge manifold as previously instructed.
12. Replace the open end bearing retainer on the
crankshaft and tighten the top two bolts lightly.
19. Replace pulley and refill with oil per lubrication
See Picture 13. Be careful not to damage the
instructions before returning to service.
The following tools are not required to disassemble, repair, or assemble
the water pump.
These tools are available for major repair shops when