(2) Install new gasket (17) when installing the
switch box cover assembly.
(3) Install the circuit breaker (16) on switch
cover plate (9) and gasket (10) to the switch box
box cover (18) and secure with screws (15).
(2) Remove screws (11) seaming the conduit
(4) Install the thermal release heaters (14, fig.
4-72) onto the circuit breaker (16) and secure with
outlet cover (12) to the switch box cover (18).
(3) Remove screws (13) securing the thermal
release heaters (14) to the circuit breaker (16).
(5) Install the conduit outlet cover (12) on the
switch box cover and secure with screws (11).
(6) Install gasket (10) and cover plate (9) on
circuit breaker (16) to the switch box cover.
the switch box cover (18) and secure with screws
(5) Remove gasket (17) from the switch box
(6) Remove nut (19), bolt (20), and Iockwasher
(1) Install the water heater panel board
(21) securing the switch box (22) to the panel
mounting bracket and secure with bolts (7, fig.
board mounting bracket (23).
c. Cleaning. Clean all parts of the panel board
(2) Secure the fuel line bracket to the water
using dry compressed air, a clean lint free cloth
heater panel board and bracket with lockwasher
and dry thoroughly.
(4), bolt (3), and nut (2).
(3) Reconnect all valve lines, conduits and
(1) Inspect the mounting bracket, switch box
cover, and switch box for cracks, dents and other
(4) Install the switch box cover assembly
(items 8 through 18) in the switch box (22) and
(2) Inspect the circuit breaker for dents,
secure with six screws (1).
chips, breaks and cracks.
(3) Inspect all gaskets for tears, pitting,
4-56. Burner Assembly
cracks and wear.
(4) Inspect all hardware for thread damage.
securing the fuel line to the water heater.
(1) Repair or replace a damaged bracket,
(2) Tag and disconnect the ignition cables (2)
switch box cover or circuit breaker.
from the burner.
(2) Replace all missing or damaged hardware
(3) Remove the four nuts (3) and flatwashers
(4) securing the burner (5) to the water heater,
remove burner assembly.
panel board mounting bracket (23) with lockwasher
(21), bolt (20) and nut (19).