Replace PVC Hand Operated Gate Valves
Ensure graywater pipes have been sanitized IAW procedures contained in TB MED 577
before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious illness or death from biohazards.
It is not necessary to replace the valve body unless it is damaged. Replacing the valve
core and gaskets is sufficient.
Many repairs on the Water Treatment System plumbing may be accomplished if the CBL
is operating with no water reuse. However, repairs should be performed with the CBL
secured from routine laundry operations if at all possible. Refer to TM 10-3510-226-10
for instructions on operating the CBL with no water reuse.
1. Flush and drain Water Treatment System IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
2. Place CBL out of service and disconnect power.
3. Remove screws, nuts and washers retaining CPVC gate valve core (Figure 5, Item 11) to valve
4. Ensure new gaskets are in place, and install replacement CPVC valve core (Figure 5, Item 11) to
5. Operate CBL IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for leakage and normal