CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common No.1
Repairer 63J (1)
CBL set up.
Bleach, Laundry, Sodium Hypochlorite, 1 Gal (WP
TB MED 577
Always secure and tag circuit breakers and switches OFF before attempting any
electrical repairs. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment, and capable of posing a
shock hazard even when personnel are not in direct contact with metal parts.
Ensure graywater pipes have been sanitized IAW procedures contained in TB MED 577
before attempting any repairs. Always use provided safety equipment, including hand
and eye protection, when performing maintenance on graywater handling components.
Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious illness or death from
1. Place CBL out of service and disconnect power.
2. Drain tank (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Remove manual lift knob (Figure 1, Item 2) from waste tank pump P-5 (waste tank only).
4. Remove top of drainage tank (Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Clean and disinfect IAW TB MED 577.
6. Locate source of leak.