CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
PUMP/P-3, FILTRATION LOOP 1
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
CBL set up
TB MED 577
Test Pump P-3
Ensure that electrical power to the P-3 pump is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 14, 16, and 18 to off, and drain pump.
2. Remove screws retaining pump end cover (Figure 1, Item 1), and remove pump end cover.
Removing the pump may make testing easier.
3. Tag and disconnect motor leads.
4. Use an ohmmeter to test for 2 - 4 ohms resistance between motor leads L1, L2, and L3 (Figure 1,
5. Use an ohmmeter to test for infinite resistance between each motor lead (Figure 1, Item 2) and
ground (Figure 1, Item 3).
6. Replace a pump motor (Figure 1, Item 4) that has open or shorted windings.
7. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Install pump end cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and retain with screws.
9. Operate pump IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal operation.