CONTAINERIZED KITCHEN (WITH TRAILER)
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
9. Winch up the wing using the left winch. When the wing is approximately halfway up, stop
winching. Push in on the fabric at each end of the wing so it will properly fold up as the wing is
10. Continue winching up the wing. When it is nearly closed, climb onto the container and attach
the orange safety strap. After the strap is attached, unlock and rotate the four cam-locks on
the side of the wing 90o so their handles are pointing straight outward.
11. Continue winching up the wing until it is almost closed and the winch becomes hard to turn.
The spotter can advise the person operating the winch when the wing is almost closed.
12. Partially close the four cam-locks by rotating their handles approximately 45o toward their
locked position. Crank the wing closed a few more turns, then completely engage and lock the
1. Place the long ends of three ratchet straps in the tie-down provisions for the first refrigerator.
2. Referring to Figure 15, position the right-hand hinged refrigerator with its front facing outboard
toward the closed food preparation wing. Place the three straps over the top of the refrigerator,
two from side to side and one from front to back. Move the refrigerator into its final position.
Attach the ratchet end of each strap to the appropriate tie-down provision in the floor and
tighten the straps securely.
3. Place the long ends of three ratchet straps in the tie-down provisions for the second
4. Position the second refrigerator with its back facing the back of the first refrigerator. Place the
three straps over the top of the refrigerator, two from side to side and one from front to back.
Move the refrigerator into its final position. Attach the ratchet end of each strap to the
appropriate tie-down provision in the floor and tighten the straps securely.
Serving Wing Closure
A storage bag filled with shelter arch components weighs approximately
130 lbs (59 kg). Three persons must carry the bag, lifting with legs, not
back, to prevent injury.
1. Place the bag of shelter arch components from the food preparation wing against the
refrigerator, angling the bag so one end is against the ceiling and the other against the side of
the cook center.
2. Close and secure all doors and windows in the wing except the door nearest the personnel
access door. Fold the bottom of the door inward and push it under the door so it will not be
caught when the wing is closed.
3. Retrieve the remaining arch component storage bag.
4. Remove the curved spacers and place them in the storage bag. Starting in the middle of the
wing, remove the arch spacers and arch frame assemblies. Disassemble the frame
assemblies and place the components in the storage bag. Close the bag and place it beside
the other one, against the refrigerator.
5. If installed, remove the stair/ladders.