MMK AVALANCHE TRANSCEIVER
Ensure each transceiver can both transmit and receive distress signals.
1. Each user takes one transceiver.
2. Turn transceivers ON by turning the switch on the back to the right (Figure 1).
3. Ensure power is present by observing that the digital display is lit up (Figure 2).
4. If power is not present, or if battery level reads below 20 percent, replace batteries IAW WP 0020
5. Users position themselves at least 40 meters apart.
6. User A keep transceiver in "Transmit" mode. The flashing transmit light (Figure 2) confirms the unit is
in "Transmit" mode.
Figure 1. Back of Transceiver.