Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, re-
turn to depot. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized
below depot level.
Condemnation and disposal not authorized below
specialized repair activity (SRA).
Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures be-
cause of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal content, high
dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer
to appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a
5-digit numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or
Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. Part Number (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manu-
facturer (individual, company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which
controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an
item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may
have a different part number from the part ordered.
e. Description and Usable On Code (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes
the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to
identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the
parenthetical entry which is a physical security classification abbreviation
(e.g., Phy Sec Cl (C)-Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S)-Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T)-Top
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of
the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately
following the assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the
line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated,
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model,
the effective serial numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description
(7) The usable on code, when applicable. (See paragraph 5, special