Replace the Exhaust Fan Switch or Light Switch
Always secure and tag circuit breakers OFF before attempting any electrical repairs,
even minor tasks such as replacing a bulb. Remember that the shower is a wet
environment, and capable of posing a shock hazard even when personnel are not in
direct contact with metal parts. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove the two switch cover screws (1).
2. Remove the switch cover (2).
3. Remove the two screws (3) securing the switch (4) to the switch box (5).
4. Pull the switch out of the box.
5. Disconnect and tag the wiring at the switch poles (6).
6. Connect the wires (7) to the replacement switch at the switch poles.
7. Wrap electrical tape around the switch to insulate wire connections.
8. Place the replacement switch in the switch box, and secure with two screws.
9. Replace the switch cover, and secure with two screws.
END OF WORK PACKAGE