Prior to operating latrine components, ensure that:
1. All circuit breakers in the circuit breaker (CB) panel are in the ON position except water heater circuit
breaker #8, and waste holding tank draft inducer fan circuit breaker #6B, which must be set to the
2. Freshwater supply has been turned on and is supplying water to the CL.
3. All internal water distribution system shutoff valves are in the open position.
4. Power has been connected from the Force Provider power grid, and that the PDISE circuit breakers
5. Handles of the backflow prevention device are removed, to discourage tampering, and stored under
To operate the latrine components, proceed as follows:
Operation of Container
Refer to TM 55-8115-204-23&P, Unit and Direct Support Maintenance Manual (Including Repair Parts and
Special Tools List) for The General Cargo Container.
Operation of Lighting
Turn the interior and exterior lights on by using the interior light switch (1) and the exterior light switch (2)
located on the circuit breaker panel (3).