2-62. TEMPERATURE CONTROL.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (App B, Item 1)
Tags (App D, Item 4)
Laundry Unit shut down (TM 10-3510-222-10)
General Safety Instructions
Voltage in this equipment is high
enough to cause serious injury or
death. Do not perform this task with
(1) Loosen setscrew on knob (1) and remove knob from shaft (9) of temperature control (7).
(2) Remove nut (2) and cover (3).
(3) Tag and disconnect wires.
(4) Remove nut (4).
(5) Remove adapter (5) from temperature control (7).
(6) Remove gasket (6).
Temperature control probe may have fins installed. Remove as required.
(7) Unscrew temperature control (7) from dryer base (8).
(1) Install temperature control (7) on dryer base (8).
(2) As required, install fins on temperature control (7) probe if fins were previously removed.
(3) Install adapter (5), gasket (6) and nut (4) on temperature control (7).
Wire numbers are stamped on each electrical wire This information, in conjunction with data on
FO-4 Dryer Wiring Diagram, may be used to connect wires if tags are lost or illegible
(4) Connect wires as tagged.
(5) Position cover (3) on shaft (9) and install nut (2).
(6) Rotate shaft (9) so that the flat side is 180° away from zero.
(7) Position knob (1) on shaft (9) with arrow pointing to zero and tighten setscrew on knob.
(8) As you turn the knob (1) up from zero, you should hear a clicking sound when it gets to correct
temperature. If not, proceed to the next step.