2-61. THERMOSTATIC SWITCH.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (App B, Item 1)
Laundry Unit shut down (TM 10-3510-222-10)
Tags (App D, Item.4)
General Safety Instructions
Voltage in this equipment is high
enough to cause serious injury or
death. Do not perform this task with
(1) Remove nut (1), washer (2) and cover (3).
(2) Tag and disconnect wires from switch (7).
(3) Remove nut (4) and pull adapter (5) from switch (7) housing.
(4) Remove gasket (6).
Temperature control probe may have fins installed. Remove as required.
(5) Unscrew switch (7) from dryer base (8).
(1) Install switch (7) on base (8).
(2) As required, install fins on switch (7) probe, if fins were previously removed.
(3) Install adapter (5) and gasket (6) on switch (7) housing and secure with nut (4).
Wire numbers are stamped on electrical wires in dryer. This information, in conjunction with data
on FO-4 Dryer Wiring Diagram, may be used to connect wires if tags are lost or illegible
(4) Connect wires as tagged.
(5) Position cover (3) on switch (7) housing and secure with washer (2) and nut (1).