CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY (CSSL)
FRESHWATER PUMP AND INTERNAL FRESHWATER LINE
CSSL set up, Freshwater pump turned OFF
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mech. Automotive (WP 0042, Table 2,
Pipe Wrench 18 (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 4)
Pipe Wrench 10 (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 5)
The freshwater pump operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution.
Make sure the freshwater pump is turned off (circuit breaker #3 in right
side power distribution panel) before proceeding. Touching a live wire
can cause serious injury or death.
1. Visually inspect the freshwater pump (1) for damage. Check the condition of the mounting screws (2) holding the
pump to the mounting plate. Tighten if loose. Check the priming stem (3) and tighten if loose.
2. Inspect the pump power cord (3). If the cord is frayed, broken or loose, refer to Direct Support Maintenance.
3. Inspect the copper freshwater line (4) from the utility wall (5) to the end of the line behind washer/dryer #6 (6).
4. Check for leaks that indicate loose connections or damage to the line. Using both pipe wrenches, tighten any
connections that are loose and/or leak.
1. Connect the garden hose to the hose fitting (7) at the end of the line behind washer/dryer #6 and open the ball
valve (8). Let the system drain.
2. Remove the strainer plugs (9) and (10). Remove and inspect the strainers (11) and (12). Clean, or replace the
strainer(s), if necessary.
3. Reinstall the strainers (11) and (12) and plugs (9) and (10). Close the ball valve (8). Remove the garden hose.
Drain it, coil it, then connect the garden hose end-to-end and store it in the footlocker.