DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY
PRESSURE SWITCH AND GAUGE
CSSL not in operation (WP 0005)
Wiping Rags (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 1)
Tape, Antiseize (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 3)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit General Mech., Automotive (WP 0042, Table
2, Item 1)
Pipe Wrench, 10 (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 5)
This equipment operates at high voltages. Prior to repair or replacement of the
switch, set circuit breaker #3 on right side power distribution panel to OFF, and
disconnect the freshwater pump power cord. Touching a live wire can cause
serious injury or death.
1. Before replacing the pressure switch (1) and gauge (2) disconnect the freshwater hose from the freshwater input
2. Open the valve (3) on the drain line (4).
3. Open the freshwater pump drain valve (5).
4. Remove the pressure switch cover (6). Disconnect and tag the wires (7). Remove the nut (8) closest to the pump,
and slide the wires out of the switch.
5. Remove the fitting (9) and pressure line from the bottom of the pressure switch.
6. Remove the nut securing the switch (1) to the pump housing, and remove the switch.
7. Remove the gauge (2) from the pump housing.