Replace the Dryer Door Switch
Ensure that all dryer electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding.
The circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching the dryer circuit breaker to OFF.
2. Open dryer door.
3. Remove the switch (Figure 12, Item 8) by prying gently with a small screwdriver.
Do not allow wiring to fall back through switch opening. Wrap tape or a wire tie around
the switch wiring if necessary to keep the wiring from falling back into the dryer.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from switch (Figure 12, Item 8).
5. Connect wiring to replacement switch (Figure 12, Item 8) as tagged.
6. Install switch (Figure 12, Item 8).
7. Close dryer door.
8. Switch the circuit breaker to ON and monitor for normal operation.