Replace the CAD Cell
Ensure that all electrical power to the boiler is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 22 to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining transformer (Figure 10, Item 6), and swing transformer up and out of the
3. Remove screws retaining controller (Figure 10, Item 16) to burner.
4. Remove controller (Figure 10, Item 16) from burner.
5. Tag and disconnect wiring (Figure 10, Item 23) from CAD cell (Figure 10, Item 17).
6. Remove CAD cell (Figure 10, Item 17) from burner.
7. Insert replacement CAD cell (Figure 10, Item 17) into burner.
8. Connect replacement CAD cell wiring (Figure 10, Item 18) as tagged.
9. Install controller (Figure 10, Item 16) as an assembly onto burner, and retain with screws.
10. Swing transformer (Figure 10, Item 6) back into place and retain with screws.
11. Connect power and monitor for normal operation.