Replace the Burner Controller
Ensure that all electrical power to the boiler is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 22 to OFF.
2. Remove screws retaining controller (Figure 9, Item 16) to burner.
3. Remove controller (Figure 9, Item 16) with guard as an assembly from burner.
4. Remove guard from controller (Figure 9, Item 16).
5. Tag and disconnect wiring from controller (Figure 9, Item 16).
6. Connect wiring to replacement controller (Figure 9, Item 16) as tagged.
7. Install guard onto controller (Figure 9, Item 16) and ensure alignment of screw holes is correct.
8. Install controller with guard as an assembly onto burner, and retain with screws.
9. Connect power and monitor for normal operation.