5-32. DARNING SEWING MACHINE NEEDLE BAR AND PRESSER BAR ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE -
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2)
or a medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect needle bar for damage
(3) Inspect connecting stud for damage
(4) Inspect oil wick for damage.
(5) Inspect presser bar for damage.
(6) Inspect lifting brackets for damage.
(7) Inspect spring for damage or weakness.
(8) Inspect stud for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components.