5-61. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE ECCENTRIC, DRIVE SHAFT, LOOPER CAM AND CRANK
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc, by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well- ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect drive shaft for damage and straightness.
(3) Inspect thread looper pin for damage.
(4) Inspect bushing for damage.
(5) Inspect thread loop gear for damage.
(6) Inspect shaft gear for damage.
(7) Inspect drive worm for damage.
(8) Inspect needle eccentric for damage.
(9) Inspect thread tension cam for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to deburring and the replacement of defective components.