5-60. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE ARM ROCKSHAFT MAINTENANCE-continued.
(10) Remove collar (19) from rockshaft (10).
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc, with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable Keep off skin. Use
only in a well- ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect needle bar link for damage
(3) Inspect needle bar rod for damage.
(4) Inspect rockshaft crank for damage.
(5) Inspect rockshaft for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to deburring and the replacement of defective components.