4.6. PORTBLE SHOWER BASE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This task covers: a. Inspection b. Removal c. Disassembly d. As sembly e. Installation
General Mechanics Tool Set (Appendix B, Section III,
Inspection. Check for damage, deterioration, or missing parts. Based on the inspection, determine if the shower
base can be repaired or if it must be replaced.
Remove only if necessary for repair.
Removal. Disassemble shower facility only to the extent necessary for removal of the shower base being
Repair is limited to replacement of defective, missing, or damaged
components. Disassemble only to the extent necessary to repair the item.
(1) Remove four screws (1) and grate (2).
(2) Remove 30 screws (3), flat washers (4), and two each hook fastener strips (5 and 6).
(3) Remove 12 screws (7) and four tube liners (8).
(4) Remove four screws (9) and two tube liners (10).
(5) Remove ring (11) and chain (12).
(6) Remove cap (13).
(7) Remove coupling (14).