8. Resume hammering until only six inches of the second grounding rod section (3) remains above the
ground. Remove the driving rod (3) from the coupling (4).
9. Screw the pointed end of the third ground rod section (3) into the second ground rod coupling (4);
screw the third ground rod coupling onto the third ground rod section.
10. Install driving rod (2) onto coupling (4).
11. Resume driving the rod into the ground with the slide hammer (1) until only one foot of the ground rod
assembly remains above ground. Remove the driving rod (2) and slide hammer from the coupling
An electrical connector is fitted to the free end of the grounding cable. The connector is
not used in this installation. Do not remove the connector the connector is necessary
for use in other installations.
12. Attach grounding cable (5) to the electrical clamp (6). Tighten the electrical clamp.
13. Remove nut (8), washers (9) from stud (10) on panel (11).
14. Remove splice connector nut (12) from splice connector (13).
15. Place splice connector (13) over grounding stud (10).
16. Install nut (8), washers (9) onto stud (10). Do not tighten at this time.
17. Slip grounding cable (5) through the splice connector (13).
18. Install and tighten splice connector nut (12) until grounding cable (5) is securely fastened to
grounding stud (10) using adjustable wrench provided.
19. Tighten washers (9) and nut (8) securely.