Replace Toggle Switch
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
(or tests) such as replacing a light bulb. Remember that the latrine is a wet environment
capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with
energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Open circuit breaker panel door (1).
2. Ensure all circuit breakers and switches are set to the OFF position.
3. Remove four captive screws (2) securing circuit breaker panel cover (3) to breaker box (4), and
remove circuit breaker panel cover.
4. Remove installation nut (5), ON/OFF tag (6), outside washer (7) from side of circuit breaker box (4).
5. Pull switch (8) into circuit breaker box (4).
6. Remove inside washer (9).
7. Tag and disconnect wires (10) from terminal screws (11).
8. Remove toggle switch (8).
9. Re-connect wires (10) and terminal screws (11) to new toggle switch.
10. Install inside washer (9) to switch (8) and place new toggle switch (8) into position.
11. Install second washer (7) ON/OFF tag (6) and nut (5) and secure switch (8) to circuit breaker box (4).
12. Install circuit breaker panel cover (3) onto breaker box (4), and retain with four captive screws (2).
Close door (1).
13. Reconnect site power.
14. Turn breakers set to the ON position.
15. Test equipment for proper operation.