DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL UNIT (ECU)
Drill Set, Twist, 1/16-inch Through -inch (Item 1, WP 0072 00)
Circuit breaker OFF during
remove and install.
Do not allow a working ECU to remain on its side or upside down. Always store a
working ECU in its normal operating position. Failure to observe this precaution may
result in an inoperable ECU.
1. Disconnect ECU power cord (1) from supply outlet (2).
2. Remove the faceplate (3) from the ECU (4).
Four people are required to lift and handle the ECU. Serious injury to personnel could
result from improper lifting.
The ECU should be removed from the exterior of the CLS.
3. Remove ECU (4) from ECU tray (5).
4. Remove the screws and washers retaining the cabinet (6) of the ECU (4).
5. Disconnect the cabinet ground wire from the cabinet (6).
6. Remove the cabinet (6) from the ECU (4).
7. Remove the sheet metal screws retaining the ECU carrier (7) from the ECU cabinet (6), and remove