Replace a Spigot (Boiler Drain Valve)
Repair of plumbing requires the use of tools in confined spaces. Slipping wrenches may
cause serious injury to personnel.
Do not attempt to unscrew the spigot from the pipe fitting without first ensuring that the
pipe fitting is secure from turning. The PVC pipe used to plumb the CL/CLS will break
unless the fitting is prevented from turning.
There are two spigots fitted to the CL/CLS. The procedure for replacement is the same
1. Ensure that water pump (CLS only) and water heater circuit breakers are set to the OFF position.
2. Ensure water supply is disconnected, and water pressure has been relieved from the system.
3. Apply a pipe wrench to the pipe fitting (1) to relieve strain and prevent damage.
4. Use a second pipe wrench to remove the spigot (2) from the pipe (1).
5. Remove spigot ball valve (3) from spigot (2).
6. Clean spigot ball valve (3) threads and apply pipe sealant or anti-seize tape to threads of spigot ball
7. Install spigot ball valve (3) onto replacement spigot (2).
8. Clean threads on the pipe fitting and apply pipe sealant to threads of replacement spigot (2).
9. Thread replacement spigot (2) on pipe fitting (1) and tighten.