2-11.A. M9 MULTIPURPOSE BAYONET SYSTEM--MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS (Cont).
8. Inspect tang (1). If loose, tighten securely.
9. Repair is by replacement of authorized parts (app C) as required.
For use of lubricant, refer to paragraph 2-4.
Wipe bayonet with wiping rag (item 12, app D) and apply a light coat of CLP
(item 3, app D), LSA (item 10, app D) or LAW (item 9, app D).
1. Install handle (1) on bayonet assembly (2) with small holes (3) for latch
assembly (4) away from large hole (5) in hand guard (6).
2. Install latch assembly (4) with locking lug (7) lined with large hole in
hand guard (6).
3. Install and tighten cap screw (8) until tight.