TROUBLE SHOOTING INFORMATION
As an aid in locating and correcting problems which may occur in transit or while the cleaner is in
operation, this section was developed to assist the operator, Many operational problems are caused by
inexperienced operators rather then mechanical failures, With this in mind, this list was prepared as
completely as possible to remedy problems and eliminate unnecessary maintenance in the furure.
a. Insufficient water in water
(1) Check for low water line pressure.
Lack of water at steam gun
(2) Check float valve and float valve
when pump is turned on
setting, Repair or replace.
(burner off). Dry steam
(3) Check main water supply valve for
from gun when burner is on.
restriction and fully "ON" position.
Open valve, remove restriction.
b (1) Air dome drain valve partially
b. Loss of water through leaky
open or leaking. Close or replace.
(2) pump by-pass valve leaking. Clean
c.Coil restricted or plugged.
d. Solution pump not operating
(1) V-belt or pulleys slipping. Tighten
(2) Pump intake hose restricted or loose.
Clean and/or tighten hose clamps.
(3) See (Trouble shooting-Water pump
a (1) Check motor nameplate electrical
a. Improper voltage or fre-
10.2 Loss of Motor Speed
(2) Inspect main power supply, fuses,
circuit breakers for proper voltage
b. Inadequate size feed line
Check local electrical code require-
ments. Repair or replace as required.
c (1) Check coil back pressure, descale
c. Electric motor overloaded.
i f back pressure exceeds 30-40 PSI.
Replace as required.
(3) Pump V-belt too tight. Loosen.
d. Loose connections.
(1) Check power cord for loose connec-
and start switch for loose connec-
(3) Check for bare wires shorting out.
Repair or replace.
a(l) Remove restriction and clean.
a .Restriction in steam hose, gun,
Excessive steam pressure,
Open Gun Valve.
nozzle or gun `on & off' valve
over 100 PSI.
(2) Check steam hose for bulges, kinks
or restrictions. Clean and/or
replace as necessary.
b. Lack of water from water pump.
c . Hydro/Fuel Safety Modulator
set too high.
Replace as necessary.
d . Steam pressure gauge inopera-
Remove line and clean.
e. Hydro/Fuel Safety Modulator
Check line for cracks or leaks.
restricted or plugged.
Replace as required.