d. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect all parts for damage.
(2) Repair and/or replace damaged parts.
the conduit outlet cover (7) to the conduit outlet
(2) Remove the box connector (8), tubing (9),
4-80) onto the bracket (20) and secure by installing
male connector (10), keeper lock (11), conduit
outlet (12) and nipple (13) from the power trans-
(2) Install the male connectors (15) and
ignition cables (14) to the power transformer.
(3) Remove the ignition cables (14) and male
comectors (15) from the power transformer.
(3) Install the nipple (13), conduit outlet (12),
keeper lock (11), male connector (10), tubing (9)
and box connector (8) to the power transformer
bolts (18) and remove the power transformer (19)
from the bracket (20).
(4) Install the conduit outlet cover (7) to the
conduit outlet (12) and secure with screws (6).
f. Installation. Position the transformer
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
assembly onto the water heater, secure the
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly. Dry
washers (4 and 2) and nuts (1).
cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680) used
4-61. Water Heater Fuel Pump
to clean parts is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of
entering the fuel pump.
solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C.).
(2) Remove the two screws (2) securing the
(1) Clean all electrical components with dry
fuel pump (3) to the water heater.
compressed air and a clean cloth.
(2) Wipe cables with a clean cloth.
(3) Clean all other parts with cleaning solvent,
Fed. Spec. P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.