SHOWER, ENCLOSED UNIT, SYSTEM
SHAVE STAND ASSEMBLY
Shop Equipment Automotive Maintenance and
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
Containerized Shower / Shower, Enclosed Unit,
System set up, power and water supply
Repair a Leak in the Shave Stand Quick Disconnect Fittings
Repair of plumbing requires the use of tools in restricted spaces. Slipping wrenches can
cause serious injury.
Always use two pipe wrenches when tightening or loosening pipe fittings. Use one pipe
wrench to turn the fitting, and another to secure the pipe. Failure to do so can twist the
fitting on the pipe, damaging both.
Ensure all water is drained from sink stand plumbing before proceeding. To drain the
shave stands, ensure the water supply to the shower is shut OFF. Disconnect the hoses
from the shave stand, and open the faucet.
1. Remove the quick disconnect hoses from both sides of the shave stand (1).
2. On either side of the shave stand (1), locate the quick disconnect fittings (2).
3. Remove the quick-disconnect fittings (2) from the hot and cold water lines (3) and the drain pipe (4).
4. Clean the fittings (2). Clean all threads on the water lines (3) and drain pipe (4).
5. Apply anti-seize tape to the threads and reconnect fittings (2) to water lines (3) and drain pipe (4).