CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
CL/CLS set up.
Water supply shut down.
Blackwater discharge connection
General Purpose Detergent Spray Bottle (Item 18, WP 0118 00)
Blackwater 4-inch valve OFF.
When inspecting or servicing the hoses for the CL or CLS, always perform the required
maintenance on the freshwater hoses first. Do not handle freshwater hoses or fittings
directly after performing maintenance on blackwater hoses or fittings. Protective clothing
and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber gloves, safety splash
goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for contact with wastewater
or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be contaminated with
pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk of serious illness or
death to personnel.
1. Inspect the hoses for the serviceability of gaskets (1). A Class III leak out from the fitting indicates an
unserviceable or missing gasket.
2. Inspect the hoses for loose or missing banding (2), and any signs of physical damage, such as holes,
chafing, or rips.
3. Inspect the QDC hose fittings (3) for corrosion and material damage, such as cracks and chips.
4. Inspect the dust plugs (4) and dust caps (5) for damage.
5. Notify Unit Maintenance of any discrepancies.