1. Handle assembly
9. Cover assembly
Figure 4-41. Tumbler burner fuel filter, disassembly and reassembly.
(2) Install the drain plug (7).
(3) Install the handle nut (5), packing (4) and
washers (3) on the handle (6) and secure with
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
retaining ring (2).
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(4) Install the handle assembly (1) into the
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
filter and secure by tightening the handle nut.
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680)
(1) Install the fuel filter (4, fig. 4-40) onto the
used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
to personnel and property. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
and adapter (1).
of solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C. ).
Clean all parts with cleaning solvent, Fed. Spec.
4-34. Tumbler Burner Fuel Pump
P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
d. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Tag and disconnect the fuel lines (1 and 2,
(1) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
(2) Replace all damaged parts.
(2) Remove the bolts (3) and lockwaehers (4)
securing the fuel pump (5) to the dryer-tumbler.
and cover assembly (9) onto the fuel filter housing
(12) and secure with screws (8).