CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
SERVICE, REPAIR, REPLACE
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and Repair:
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment
Organizational Maintenance, Common No.1 (WP 0086
Repairer 63J (1)
Bleach, Laundry, Sodium Hypochlorite, 1 Gal (WP
TB MED 577
Wrench, Strap Large Size 6 3/8 in. (WP 0086 00, Item 8)
Clean CPVC Check Valves V-20 and V-55
Ensure graywater pipes have been sanitized IAW procedures contained in TB MED 577
before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious illness or death from biohazards.
Many repairs on the Water Treatment System plumbing may be accomplished if the CBL
is operating with no water reuse. However, repairs should be performed with the CBL
secured from routine laundry operations if at all possible. Refer to TM 10-3510-226-10
for instructions on operating the CBL with no water reuse.
1. Flush and drain Water Treatment System IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
2. Place CBL out of service and disconnect power.
3. Make a note of the direction of flow and position of the check valve (Figure 1, Item 1).
4. Use a strap wrench to loosen the check valve unions (Figure 1, Item 2) and remove the check valve
(Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Clean any debris from the check valve interior.
6. Install the check valve (Figure 1, Item 1) in the correct flow position.
7. Hand-tighten the check valve unions (Figure 1, Item 2).
8. Operate CBL IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for leakage and normal