Replace the Level Sensing Tube
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is extremely heavy. Use caution when lifting and blocking the washer, and
do not allow unnecessary personnel in the immediate area while it is being moved.
Serious injury or death may result if safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is a large, heavy piece of machinery being moved out of a confined space.
Before removal and installation, remove or protect any equipment which might be
damaged by the washer on its way in or out.
2. Use the washer key to open the control panel, and disconnect the washer level sensing tube (Figure
3, Item 1) from the level sensor (Figure 3, Item 2).
3. Disconnect washer level sensing tube (Figure 3, Item 1) from washer drum, and remove level
sensing tube. Make note of any retaining looms, guides, or wire ties used to route the tube.
4. Install washer level sensing tube (Figure 3, Item 1) onto drum.
Ensure the tube is mounted away from any locations where the tube might pinch, stretch,
or chafe. Use wire ties as necessary to ensure the tube is properly routed.
5. Route washer level sensing tube (Figure 3, Item 1) close to wiring harness and up into control box.
Ensure replacement tube is routed through existing looms and guides.
6. Connect washer level sensing tube (Figure 3, Item 1) to level sensor (Figure 3, Item 2) in control
7. Install wire ties as necessary to secure level sensing tube (Figure 3, Item 1).
8. Close the control panel and install washer IAW procedures given in WP 0041 00.
9. Operate washer IAW TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for normal operation.