Ensure that there is at least 1/16 -inch clearance between the speed detector and the
washer drum pulley. After installing the replacement speed detector, slowly swing the
washer drum puller at least two rotations to ensure that there is no contact between the
speed detector and the pulley.
7. Install replacement detector (Figure 1, Item 1), and retain with locknuts.
8. Connect replacement speed detector wiring (Figure 1, Item 3) to microprocessor board (Figure 1,
9. Install wire ties as necessary to secure speed detector wiring (Figure 1, Item 1).
10. Close control panel, and install washer IAW procedures given in WP 0041 00.
11. Operate washer IAW TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for normal operation.