Clean the CAD Cell
Ensure that all electrical power to the boiler is shut off and disconnected before
proceeding. The circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and
tagged out by personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet
environment. Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper
safety precautions are not observed.
Allow the boiler and any associated hot water pipe, tubing or fixtures to cool at least 30
minutes before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching the circuit breaker to off.
2. Remove the screws retaining the transformer (Figure 8, Item 3), and flip the transformer back.
3. Use a rag to clean the lens of the CAD cell (Figure 8, Item 20) of soot.
4. Flip the transformer (Figure 8, Item 3) back in operating position, and retain with screws.
5. Connect power, and operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
6. Monitor for normal operation.
Figure 8. Clean the CAD Cell.