Replace the Heat Tapes
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Allow the heat tapes to cool at least 30 minutes before attempting any testing or repair
procedures. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious injury or death to
1. Disconnect heat tape (Figure 3, Item 2) from receptacle.
2. Remove insulation (Figure 3, Item 4) and retain.
3. Carefully unwind heat tape (Figure 3, Item 2) from pump body and remove.
4. Install replacement heat tape (Figure 3, Item 2) by wrapping the areas of the pump covered by the
old heat tape.
5. Install insulation (Figure 3, Item 4).
6. Connect heat tape plug (Figure 3, Item 3) to receptacle, and monitor for normal operation.