5-53. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE PULLEY STARTER AND TRIP BLOCK MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B,
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
Equipment Condition :
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Thread and Belt removed (para 2-13)
Machine Stopped and in locked position
Power removed (para 2-18)
(1) Remove starting screw (1) and washer (2).
(2) Remove screw nut (3), setscrew (4) and starting plate (5).
Mark position of starting bracket (7) and drive shaft.
(3) Remove two arm screws (6) and slide starting bracket (7) off the drive shaft.
The flat on the shaft lines up arm screw (8) and screw (9).
(4) Remove arm screw (8) and screw (9).
(5) Slide as an assembly the shaft stop arm (10) off the drive shaft.
(6) Remove two arm bolt nuts (11) and arm spring (12), twenty-two spring discs (13), stop block (14) and
the arm bolt (15) from the shaft stop arm (10).