BUTTON SEWING MACHINE DRIVE PULLEY CLUTCH MAINTENANCE continued.
(9) Remove thrust washer (19) and thrust bearing (20)
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., by wiping with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from open
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1)
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect arm spring for broken coils and corrosion