BUTTON SEWING MACHINE DRIVE PULLEY CLUTCH MAINTENANCE continued.
(3) Inspect drive pulley for damage
(4) Inspect drive bearings for damage
(5) Inspect friction cork for excessive wear and oil or grease deposits.
Repair. Repair is limited to to the replacement of defective components with serviceable ones
(1) Install thrust bearing (1) and thrust washer (2).
Setscrew (6) has a point that fits in V-groove of shaft.
(2) Install key (3) and clutch wheel (4). Slide clutch wheel (4) up against the thrust washer (2). Secure
with setscrew (5) and setscrew (6)
(3) Install the stopper spring (7) and the reverse stopper (8) into the clutch wheel (4) Make sure the
stopper spring (7) fits into the hole in the clutch wheel (4)
Make sure the reverse stopper moves freely.
(4) Install screw (9) and nut (10).
(5) Install friction cork (11) and secure with two screws (12) and two nuts (13).
(6) Install bearing (14) into the drive pulley (15).
Large dimple on ball bracket base (16) faces out.
(7) Install ball bracket base (16) flush with the drive pulley (15). Secure with two setscrews (17).
(8) Place small ball (18) into the drive pulley (15). Make sure the small ball (18) fits into the dimple.
Hold in place with grease.
(9) Place small end of ball push spring (19) into hollow end of shaft