ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE - continued.
Assembly of Darning Sewing Machine continued.
(18) Remove pulley (1) by removing shaft screw (2) and loosening flat setscrew (3) and pointed
(19) Remove screw (5) under pulley.
(20) Install belt guard (6), secure with three screws (7).
(21) Install screw (5).
Pointed setscrew must be placed in grove of shaft.
(22) Slide pulley (1) in place and ensure setscrews (3) and (4) are lined up with the flats of the shaft.
(23) Lightly tighten setscrews. Pull pulley (1) to the right as far as it will go ensuring setscrews are still
on flats of shaft.
(24) Install shaft screw (2).
(25) Tighten setscrews (3) and (4).
(26) Install the pulley belt (10) through the top of the belt guard and attach to the motor pulley.
(27) Install the other end of the pulley belt (10) to the machine pulley by tilting the machine head
back, installing the belt and then returning the machine head to the upright position. Lock head
in place by tightening thumbscrew.
(28) Adjust the belt so that it is not stretched but yet not so loose that the machine does not operate.
Refer to paragraph 3-10 for belt adjustment procedure.
(29) Place belt guard top (8) in place securing with two screws (9).
(30) Adjust belt guard (8) as needed to prevent rubbing on pulley (1).
(31) Adjust for 1/8 inch (3 mm) clearance between bobbin winder pulley and belt (10).